bits and pieces of our life

Sunday, May 1, 2011

NICU life

So Gage should be coming home on Tuesday if all goes well.
We will get trained in on the moniter he will have tomorrow and then do an overnight and if all goes good we can take him home on Tuesday.
Although he will be going home I am finding this all bitersweet.
I cant wait to have a normal(ish) family life again but I have gotten to know sooo many great nurses who care for Gage and all the NICU staff that I feel as if they are family. I guess 11+ weeks here will do that.
And I have my favorite nurses too; Laine, Sandy, Denise, Stephanie, Beth,  Shelly and Barb, although the rest are good too.
Even one of the doc's I'll miss.
I've also come to rely on them so much with Gage's care I'm partly nervous to do it all without them.
I'm just chillin in the waiting room now. Waiting to move my stuff into a room unless it comes time for Gage's 7:00 feeding first.
Nursing, Bottling and Pumping-I am tired! And I miss Zander!
Thats the good part though-Micah, Zander, Gage and I will all be able to be together again.
Also feeling like I got jipped of being pregnant, and that I still should be. He shouldn't even be born yet-his due date was 5/22/11.
But he weighed in at 6lbs 14.9oz last night. Its hard to believe now that he's gained so much from being 1lb 15oz when he was born in February!
Side note;
I have gained tooo much wait since Gage has been in the NICU!
When life settles down and I can actually sleep and function somewhat normally I need to loose some major weight!

No comments: