bits and pieces of our life

Monday, May 16, 2011

The Bottle

The Bottle is my enemy
it keeps me up
why cant we just be nursing
The Bottle is my enemy
It means I'm still pumping
and what a pain
The Bottle is my enemy
They say to slowlly take it away
but I dont want to wait
The Bottle is my enemy
Why cant he just Breastfeed
Now that he knows how
The Bottle is my enemy
Who says I cant just take it away
I'm the Mom
The Bottle is my enemy
He's nursing well enough
Maybe we should just drop it and see how it goes..........I need a Laleeche League Meeting

I am nursing Gage but following with Bottling (with fortified Breastmilk) which means I am pumping after. The Lactation consultant said today he's nursing well enough now and to slowly take away bottles-but the bottles are whats making everything harder-why can't I just stop the bottles and stop pumping (the lactation specialist said half pump and not pump at night just so I dont end up with mastitis just stopping). I sure could use some advice of a NICU mom who transitioned thier baby to just breast but I am finding out most dont make it that far. After nursing bottling and pumping for almost two weeks, who really could blame them! I'm just ready to toss the bottles and Nurse on Demand. It'll mean I'm more rested and life will be less scheduled. Although I wont let him go longer than three hours without nursing. I just think it'd be better for everyone and better for Zander too because that means I'll have more time for him. So-Bottles offically SUCK!lol

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Just seeing this. We successfully transitioned to just breast, but before we left. I just decided one day to forget it, and we had the go ahead to feed on demand so I wasn't held bound to the every 3 hour schedule. So one day I only breastfed and that's what we've done ever since. As long as they feel he's doing okay without the fortified stuff then I would go to a no bottles during the night and maybe one or two (for now) during the night, but let him nurse first and don't pump afterwards. Your body needs to eventually get used to his "supply and demand". You're experienced and as long as you feel he's nursing well enough, go for it. You can do it!!!!